|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Brooklet is a city of about 1,800 residents in Bulloch County, Georgia. It is located in southeastern Georgia in the greater Savannah region, roughly 10 miles east of Statesboro. Prostitution has been a well-documented problem throughout the county for many years, and has generated complaints from residents to law enforcement.
Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. A law enforcement respondent to the 2021 National Assessment Survey reported that demand reduction tactics have been implemented in Brooklet, including public education since 2019, and surveillance or other cameras used since 2021 to deter sex buyers or gather evidence of their crimes.
- Brooklet Police Department
- Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office
National Assessment Survey – 2021
Background on Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- https://allongeorgia.com/bulloch/three-arrested-after-undercover-operation-targeting-online-predators (2022)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Clito Woman Arrested on Drug and Prostitution Charges”, Statesboro Herald, March 13 2008.
- “Police: Two Fla. Women Arrested on Prostitution, Drug Charges”, Statesboro Herald, October 18 2008.
- “Four Arrested on Prostitution Charges”, Statesboro Herald, January 21 2011.
- “Prostitution Sting Arrests 7”, Statesboro Herald, August 6 2011.