Union City, GA
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Union City is a city in Fulton County, Georgia, with a population of approximately 27,000. Prostitution and sex trafficking are well-documented and longstanding problems throughout Fulton County. For example, the county was one of the sites of the 2009 three-day national enforcement action as part of the Innocence Lost National Initiative. Many local operations since then have arrested sex traffickers and identified and supported victims.
Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. A law enforcement respondent to the 2021 National Assessment Survey reported that demand reduction tactics have been implemented in Union City, including public education specifically targeting the demand for commercial sex, beginning in 2019.
- Union City Police Department
- Fulton CountySheriff’s Office
- Fulton County District Attorney’s Office
- Sex Trafficking Division
National Assessment Survey – 2021
Background on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking in the Area:
- “Law and Order: Alpharetta Man Jailed in Alleged Net Sex Ring,” Atlanta Journal and Atlanta Constitution, July 10 1998.
- “Internet Prostitution Ring Arrests,” Rome News-Tribune, June 20 1999.
- https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/atlanta/press-release (2010)
- “In Your Community: North Fulton Casts Sharp Eye on Parlors; Alpharetta, Johns Creek Move toward Stronger Controls,” Atlanta Journal-Constitution, June 17 2013.
- “Spa Owners in Alpharetta Ask City Council to Clarify Language of New Ordinance,” Alpharetta Neighbor, July 10 2013.
- “Alpharetta City Council Passes Massage Parlor Ordinance,” Alpharetta Neighbor, July 17 2013.
- “Johns Creek Residents Upset about Questionable Activity at Massage Parlors,” Johns Creek Neighbor, April 23 2013.
- “Residents Call for Vigilant Stance on Massage Parlors; Seven Businesses along Ga. 141 in Johns Creek Targeted,” Atlanta Journal-Constitution, April 24 2013.
- “In Your Community: North Fulton Casts Sharp Eye on Parlors; Alpharetta, Johns Creek Move Toward Stronger Controls,” Atlanta Journal-Constitution, June 17 2013.
- “Johns Creek Police Shut down Massage Parlor, Arrest Five,” Johns Creek Neighbor, July 11 2013.
- “Documents Give Insight into Spa Raided Twice in 2 Weeks,” ABC/WSB-TV 2, August 2 2013.
- “Johns Creek Spa Busted for Prostitution,” ABC/WSB-TV 2, March 19 2014.
- “Northside: Johns Creek Passes Massage, Spa Measure,” Atlanta Journal-Constitution, July 17 2014.
- “Johns Creek Cracks down on Spa, Massage Businesses,” Johns Creek Patch, July 18 2014.
- “Human Trafficking in Johns Creek: How City Took Aim,” Appen Media Group, September 10 2014.
- https://www.wsbtv.com/2-arrested-in-undercover-prostitution-sting-at-alpharetta-hotel (2016)
- https://www.collegeparkga.com/ArchiveCenter (2016)
- https://www.collegeparkga.com/DocumentCenter (2016)
- http://www.mdjonline.com/fulton-ordinance-aimed-to-stop-sex-trafficking (2017)
- https://patch.com/college-park-man-gets-20-years-pimping-14-year-old-girl (2017)
- https://patch.com/georgia/alpharetta/alpharetta-roswell-men-charged-prostitution-bust (2017)
- https://www.wsbtv.com/north-fulton-county/metro-sex-trafficking-sting-rescues-nearly-160-children-authorities-say (2018)
- https://www.macon.com/crime/9 arrested in GA sex trafficking sting (2020)
Comments are closed.