|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Lake City is a city in Clayton County, Georgia, with a population of approximately 3,000. Prostitution and sex trafficking are well-documented and longstanding problems throughout Clayton County. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. A law enforcement respondent to the 2021 National Assessment Survey reported that demand reduction tactics have been implemented in Lake City, including public education specifically targeting the demand for commercial sex, beginning in 2019.
- Lake City Police Department
National Assessment Survey – 2021
Background on Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- “Local Pair Face Federal Human Trafficking Charges”, Clayton News Daily, May 20 2011.
- “Conley Sex Offender Sentenced to 20 Years”, Clayton News Daily, April 18 2012.
- “Sex Trafficker Convicted; Former Ellenwood Resident to Be Sentenced in September”, Clayton News Daily, July 19 2012.
- “Man Gets Life in Prison for Sex Trafficking”, Clayton News Daily, September 19 2012.
- “Clayton Teen at Center of Sex Trafficking Case; Buckhead Man Convicted of Sex Trafficking”, Clayton News Daily, June 10 2014.
- “Six Caught in FBI Child Sex Sting”, Clayton News Daily, June 24 2014.
- “Man Sentenced as Pimp in Clayton County’s First Human Trafficking Conviction”, Clayton News Daily, August 26 2014.
- “4 Accused of Running Prostitution Ring at Clayton County Hotels,” Atlanta Journal-Constitution, January 12 2016.
- https://gbi.georgia.gov/10-arrested-clayton-county-child-exploitation-charges (2020)
- https://gbi.georgia.gov/clayton-county-man-arrested-aggravated-child-molestation-and-sexual (2021)
- https://claytoncrescent.org/4-charged-in-clayton-county-child-exploitation-sting (2021)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Proposed Massage Parlor Ordinance to Be Revised”, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, January 28 1993.
- “Police Shut down All Clayton County Massage Parlors”, ABC/WSB-TV 2, December 8 2006.
- “13 Massage Parlor Shut in Clayton”, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, December 9 2006.
- “Judge Tosses Out Massage Parlor Arrests”, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, December 12 2006.
- https://www.11alive.com/19-busted-in-clayton-county-prostitution-sting (2017)
Documented Violence Against Individuals Engaged in Prostitution in the Area: