|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Enfield is a town of 50,000 that is located in the northern part of Connecticut, on the border of Massachusetts. The majority of the prostitution in Enfield takes place through arrangements made over the internet, and meeting up at specified locations. For example, in August 2018, police released the names of eight people arrested during an undercover sex trafficking sting at a hotel on Phoenix Avenue. The undercover operation had started out as a police and FBI investigation into underage sex trafficking in town and a mission to rescue victims but ended up leading to the arrest of eight people on prostitution-related and other charges. The investigation stemmed from the discovery of prostitution ads online that led the investigating teams to the hotel.
The Enfield Police mostly focus on web-based sting operations. In September of 2009, Enfield Police followed tips to a Craigslist add offering prostitution at the local Motel 6. This resulted in seven arrests, four of which were Johns. Patronizing a prostitute is a class A misdemeanor in Enfield, CT. In September, 2016, an Enfield man was arrested on a warrant charging him with paying a woman to have sex with him. According to a police report, the suspect picked up a woman in Springfield, MA and brought her to his home in Enfield, CT where they allegedly paid her to have sex. When he awoke the next morning, he realized his car was missing. A few days later, while being held in a lockup in Chicopee, MA, the woman told police the man had paid her for sex that night. he mans photo, name and other identifiers were included in news reports.
- Enfield Police Department
- http://articles.courant.com/2009-09-24/news/2.1.main_7.art2_1_prostitution-possession-of-crack-cocaine-motel-tuesday-night (2009)
- https://patch.com/connecticut/enfield/enfield-man-charged-patronizing-prostitute (2016)
- https://patch.com/connecticut/enfield/enfield-police-charge-woman-prostitution (2017)
- http://www.journalinquirer.com/towns/enfield/charged-during-sex-sting-operation-at-enfield-hotel-results-in (2018)
Comments are closed.