|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Trotwood is a city in Montgomery County, Ohio with a population of about 23,000 residents. It is a suburb of Dayton. Prostitution and sex trafficking have been documented in the county and surrounding areas. On at least one occasion, a sex buyer arrest has led to identity disclosure and employment loss in Trotwood.
In March 2023, the assistant principal at Trotwood-Madison High School was arrested on charges of engaging in prostitution and possessing criminal tools during a vice crimes investigation in Dayton. He was booked into Montgomery County Jail following his arrest. The Trotwood-Madison City School District disclosed that the man was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation. In May, he submitted a letter of resignation that was approved by the board of education. In November 2023, the man pleaded guilty to loitering and lost his licenses to work in Ohio schools. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail, with a one-day credit of time served and 59 days suspended. He was also ordered to attend John School at the Dayton Municipal Court Adult Probation Department. The Ohio Department of Education’s educator database listed the man’s principal, superintendent, and K-12 health/physical education teaching licenses as “revoked,” barring him from working in a school setting.
- Trotwood-Madison City School District
- Trotwood-Madison High School
- Dayton Municipal Court
- Ohio Department of Education
Employment Loss, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.yahoo.com/news/area-assistant-principal-arrested-engaging (2023)
- https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-police-arrest-area-assistant (2023)
- https://www.whio.com/news/local/watch-police-arrest-area-assistant-principal-charged-with-engaging-prostitution (2023)
- https://www.daytondailynews.com/crime/local-high-school-assistant-principal-charged-in-dayton-prostitution-case (2023)
- https://dayton247now.com/news/local/area-assistant-principal-on-leave-after-charges-of-engaging-in-prostitution (2023)
- https://www.daytondailynews.com/local/former-trotwood-assistant-principal-blake-loses-state-licenses-after-loitering-case (2023)
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- “Activists Targeting Human Trafficking; Group Focuses on Teen Prostitution in Dayton Area”, Dayton Daily News, December 6 2012.
- “Ohio Man Pleads Guilty to Sex Trafficking”, U.S. Federal News Service, August 10 2013.
- “Getting to the Root of the Prostitution Problem”, NBC/WDTN-TV 2, February 4 2014.
- “Man Pleads Not Guilty in Federal Sex Trafficking Case,” Dayton Daily News, March 3 2015.
- https://dayton247now.com/montgomery-county-task-force-arrests-9-in-human-trafficking-investigation (2021)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Man Sentenced to Prison for Promoting Prostitution”, CBS/WHIO-TV 7, April 3 2013.
- “Innovative Anti-Prostitution Program Discussed”, NBC/WDTN-TV 2, June 12 2013.
- https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime–law/buying-sex-dayton-prostitution-related-offenses-rise (2018)
- https://www.whio.com/news/local/prostitution-arrest-made-undercover-sting-washington-twp-massage-parlor (2020)
- https://www.daytondailynews.com/9-arrested-in-internet-prostitution-sting-in-montgomery-county (2021)
- https://www.wdtn.com/task-force-arrests-9-people-in-montgomery-county-prostitution-sting (2021)
Documented Violence Against Individuals Engaged in Prostitution in the Area: