|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Steelton is a borough in of roughly 6,300 residents in eastern Pennsylvania located in Dauphin County, PA situated just 4 miles southeast of Harrisburg. The borough is part of the Harrisburg–Carlisle Metropolitan Statistical Area. This activity and its ancillary crimes has resulted in complaints to local law enforcement from residents and businesses. Police have conducted prostitution stings, focused on arrested prostituted persons. For example, in 2016, Steelton police arrested two prostituted women during a prostitution investigation.
Loss of employment and identity disclosure are consequences of buying sex in the city. For example, in 2015, a Steelton-Highspire High School teacher was arrested during a web-based reverse sting operation by the Swatara Township Police. According to officers, the man allegedly attempted to solicit sexual contact from a minor on the internet and was engaged in sexual contact with a woman in exchange for money. He was also the former Steelton-Highspire High School basketball coach. As a result of his arrest, the teacher was suspended from employment. The district released the following statement following his arrest:
“The Steelton-Highspire School District is aware of the charges filed against [the former teacher] yesterday. Upon first learning of the allegations regarding [the former teacher], District officials took prompt action to maintain the safety and welfare of our students. The District reported the allegations to law enforcement officials and Childline. [He] was also suspended pending the outcome of the investigation. The District has cooperated fully throughout the criminal investigation and will continue to cooperate with law enforcement officials. The safety and welfare of all students is our top priority. We will continue to monitor this matter closely and will take any and all additional steps necessary to keep our students safe.”
In August 2017, the former teacher voluntarily surrendered his a teacher’s state certification to teach in the state of Pennsylvania.
Loss of Employment, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.abc27.com/school-district-speaks-out-about-teacher-arrested-on-child-sex-prostitution-charges/ (2015)
- https://www.pennlive.com/steelton-highspire teacher (2015)
- https://www.abc27.com/steel-high-teacher-arrested-on-child-sex-prostitution-charges/ (2015)
- https://www.pennlive.com/steelton-highspire teacher pro (2015)
- https://data.ydr.com/pennsylvania-teachers-who-lost-certification (2017)
Background on Local Prostitution and Sex Trafficking:
- “3 Charged in Latest Swatara Township Police Prostitution Sting”, The Patriot-News, October 12 2010.
- https://local21news.com/news/local/steelton-police-bust-2-women-for-prostitution (2016)
- “At least 2 men arrested in Lower Swatara Township prostitution sting.” Fox43.com, December, 2017.
- https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sexual misconduct cost these (2018)
- https://www.abc27.com/dauphin-county-security-officer-facing-charges-related-to-child-pornography/ (2021)
- https://www.fox43.com/dauphin-county-man-sentenced-state-prison-child-sex-crimes (2021)
- https://local21news.com/cbs-21-exclusive-sex-trafficking-in-central-pennsylvania (2022)
- https://local21news.com/january-is-human-trafficking-prevention-month-if-you-see-something-say-something (2022)
- https://kfdm.com/man-calls-police-after-hired-prostitute-attempts-to-leave (2022)
Comments are closed.