St. Charles, IL
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Saint Charles is a suburb located west of Chicago, in DuPage and Kane counties, and has a population of approximately 33,000. Prostitution activity has been well-documented within the city, and the problems and ancillary crimes it generates results in complaints to law enforcement agencies. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. The St. Charles Police Department has conducted at least one web-based reverse sting (which resulted in five arrests), and disclosed the identities of the arrested sex buyers.
- Saint Charles Police Department
National Assessment Survey – 2012
Background on Local Prostitution and Sex Trafficking:
- https://www.stcharlesil.gov/sites/default/files/police/2010annualreport.pdf (2010)
- https://patch.com/two-arrested-prostitution-st-charles-massage-parlors (2016)
- https://www.chicagotribune.com/t-abn-massage-spa-violations-st- (2016)
- https://patch.com/prostitution-sting-may-close-st-charles-massage-parlor (2017)
- https://www.dailyherald.com/article/news/ (2017)
Comments are closed.