|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Louisville is a suburban town in Blount County, Tennessee, in the Knoxville Metropolitan Statistical Area near the town of Alcoa and Maryville. Its population is roughly 4,000. Prostitution is a well documented problem locally and generates complaints to police from residents and businesses. For example, in 2016 a Louisville woman was arrested and charged with prostitution in Knoxville. On at least one occasion, attempted sex buyers have been arrested during local sting investigations. In September, 2020, six men were arrested by undercover officers conducting a sting operation, and charged them with patronizing prostitution. The sting occurred at two motels on the Alcoa Highway, and a hotel at Singleton Station, Louisville. The undercover operation used female police officers as decoys at area hotels where they had complaints about prostitutes and men patronizing those prostitutes. The identities of the arrested sex buyers were disclosed in news releases.
- Alcoa Police Department
- Blount County Sheriff’s Office
Reverse Stings, Shaming:
Background on Sex Trafficking and Prostitution in the Area:
- “Four Women Facing Charges after Officers Raid Alcoa Highway Spas,” Knoxville News-Sentinel, June 20 1992.
- “Three Spa Workers Admit to Prostitution,” Knoxville News-Sentinel, July 2 1992.
- “VIP Spa Worker Charged with Prostitution,” Maryville Daily Times, December 16 1997.
- “Get out of Town, Judge Tells Prostitute after Plea,” Maryville Daily Times, December 18 1997.
- “Spas Shut down to Stop Alleged Prostitution Ring,” ABC/WATE-TV 6, July 24 2002.
- “Arrests Continue in Investigation; Warrants Issued Nationwide,” Maryville Daily Times, July 25 2002.
- “Alcoa Spa Shuts down Second Time,” ABC/WATE-TV 6, October 23 2002.
- “Parlor Owner Pleads Guilty,” Wilmington Star-News, June 5 2003.
- “Woman Arrested in Alcoa Massage Parlor Raid Pleads Guilty,” ABC/WATE-TV 6, June 5 2003.
- “Woman Gets Probation in Multi-State Prostitution Ring,” ABC/WATE-TV 6, October 1 2003.
- “Local Officers Nab Women in Craigslist Prostitution Sting,” ABC/WATE-TV 6, July 18 2009.
- “Police Nab Four Women in Craigslist Prostitution Sting at Alcoa Motel,” Maryville Daily Times, July 18 2009.
- “Sting Unveils Craigslist Underside,” Maryville Daily Times, July 20 2009.
- “911 Hang-Up Call Leads to Prostitution Arrest on Alcoa Highway,” Maryville Daily Times, July 27 2011.
- “Nuisance Motels Shut down in Alcoa,” ABC/WATE-TV 6, March 16 2013.
- “Alcoa Motel Closed for Nuisance Charges Reopens,” ABC/WATE-TV 6, March 28 2013.
- https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/9-charged-in-west-knoxville-motel-prostitution-bust/ (2016)
- https://www.wbir.com/article/news/crime/knox-county-vice-unit-arrests-nine-in-prostitution-sting (2016)
- https://www.wbir.com/article/news/crime/sex-offender-among-7-men-arrested-in-prostitution-sting (2016)
Comments are closed.