|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Kaplan is a city in Vermilion Parish, LA, with a population of approximately 4,300 residents. It is part of the Abbeville micropolitan statistical area in the Acadiana region. Prostitution and sex trafficking are not significant issues in the city or surrounding areas, reports of their occurrence have been reported. Among the more serious issues associated with the city’s commercial sex market is child sex trafficking.
Shaming and loss of employment are also consequences of buying sex in the city. For example, in October of 2021, the City of Kaplan’s police chief fired an officer who was arrested on charges related to “soliciting prostitution from a minor.” The Chief received an anonymous tip that led to an investigation, then eventually the arrest of the former Kaplan police officer charges of malfeasance in office (sexual conduct), indecent acts with a juvenile, and solicitation for prostitution. The former officer had been employed by the police department for only several months before his employment was terminated.
Arrest of Sex Buyer; Identity Disclosure; Loss of Employment:
- https://wgno.com/louisiana-police-officer-fired-following-accusations-he-solicited-sex-from-a-juvenile/ (2021)
- https://www.klfy.com/kaplan-police-officer-fired-following-accusations-he-solicited-sex-from-a-juvenile/ (2021)
- https://www.newsbreak.com/kaplan-police-officer-fired-following-accusations-he-solicited-sex-from-juvenile (2021)
Background on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking in the Area:
- Kaplan man receives maximum sentence (1997)
- Jury: Lynch guilty of obstruction (1997)
- https://archive.vermiliontoday.com/abbeville-police-charge-five-women-prostitution (2012)
- http://vermilion.uber.matchbin.net/vAbbeville-police-charge-five-women-with-prostitution (2012)
- https://thefw.com/fourth-grade-pimp-homework/ (2013)
- https://www.klfy.com/wheres-the-money-at-louisiana-couple-behind-bars-on-armed-robbery-and-prostitution-charges (2021)
Local Prostitution Ordinance: