|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Franklin is a city of approximately 62,000 residents, located along Route 65 in the southern suburbs of Nashville, Tennessee. It serves as the county seat of Williamson County. In an effort to reduce prostitution activity in the city, the Franklin Police Department has conducted at least four reverse stings. In September 2012, for example, FPD officers posted a decoy advertisement on Backpage.com. They then arrested eight male sex buyers who arranged to meet at a local hotel and offered money for sex to a “confidential informant” working with police. All of the offenders’ names were released to the local media. The men were cited and ordered to appear in municipal court the following week.
- Franklin Police Department
- A local hotel that provided space for a web-based reverse sting
Web-Based Reverse Stings with Shaming:
- “8 Face Prostitution Charges in Franklin”, ABC/WKRN-TV 2, September 18 2012.
- “8 Men Cited in Franklin Prostitution Sting to Turn Selves in Next Week”, Tennessean, September 27 2012.
- “Police Arrest Four Men in Prostitution Sting in Franklin,” Franklin Home Page, October 9 2015.
- “4 Charged in Reverse Prostitution Sting in Franklin,” ABC/WKRN-TV 2, April 29 2016.
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
Comments are closed.