|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Foley is a small city located in Baldwin County, AL. The city is located in southern Alabama near Daphne, with a population of roughly 22,000 residents. Prostitution has posed considerable problems in the community for several years and has generated complaints to local law enforcement. In addition, at least two sex buyers have been robbed in Foley after attempting to purchase sex.
In early 2008, the BCSO’s Baldwin County Drug Task Force arrested 20 sex buyers at a local motel after the men arranged to pay $100 for sex with a female undercover officer. In coordination with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, police departments from Daphne, Foley, and Gulf Shores were additionally conducting reverse stings on a local level. As a result of the multi-city collaboration, 57 sex buyers were arrested. Foley police officers arrested 30 individuals on prostitution-related charges. News reports also mentioned that Foley police officers arrested a man on charges of promoting prostitution during a reverse sting at a local hotel. Following the investigation, a list of the men and women arrested in all three stings was released to the public. As the list did not disclose where each offender was arrested, it is unclear how many of the 57 individuals charged with sex buying were picked up in Foley.
In 2019, an investigation was conducted after officers received complaints of prostitution at a local massage parlor in Foley, AL. After the Foley Police Department executed the search warrant, the City of Foley revoked the massage parlor’s license and officers charged two employees with misdemeanor prostitution charges and the owner with a felony charge of promoting prostitution. Upon further investigation, officers discovered that the owner had an additional parlor in Daphne, in which officers executed a search warrant on the same day. The owner was charged with an additional felony charge of promoting prostitution and an employee was charged with a misdemeanor charge of prostitution. Identities, images, ages, locations, and charges of arrested offenders were included in local news reports.
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “Baldwin Sex Sting Nets 75 Arrests”, Mobile Press-Register, February 5 2008.
- “Prostitution Sting Operation Nets 75 Arrests”, Baldwin Report, February 5 2008.
- “Sex Sting Produces 75 Arrests; Baldwin Sex Sting Nets 75 Arrests, Hotels Targeted”, Mobile Press-Register, February 5 2008.
Documented Violence Against Individuals Engaged in Prostitution in the Area:
- “Police Arrest Robbery Suspects and Victim; Robbery Suspects, Victim Arrested”, Mobile Press-Register, November 24 2009.
- Man who reported robbery in Foley Walmart parking lot charged along with suspects (2009)
- “Robbery Suspects, Victim Charged”, Gulf Coast News Today, November 25 2009.
- “Robbery, Prostitution And Murder”, CBS/WKRG-TV 5, December 27 2011.
Comments are closed.