East Brainerd, TN
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
East Brainerd is an unincorporated community and former census-designated place in Hamilton County, Tennessee. The population was approximately 14,000 at the most recent census. It is part of the Chattanooga, TN–GA Metropolitan Statistical Area. Prostitution activity has been well-documented in the community, as well as throughout the county, for decades. This activity and the ancillary crimes it generates results in complaints to law enforcement agencies from residents and businesses.
Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. For example, in December, 2017 the Chattanooga Police Department conducted an undercover operation focused on online solicitation of prostitution which led officers to both suspected prostitutes and johns at a hotel in East Brainerd. Vice and narcotics officers arrested five men that were charged with patronizing prostitution and drug-related charges. The names and ages of the arretsed sex buyers were publicly disclosed. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security and East Ridge Police Department provided assistance in the investigation.
- Chattanooga Police Department
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
- Homeland Security
- East Ridge Police Department
Web-Based Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- http://www.timesfreepress.com/police-arrest-11-men-and-women-during-prostitution-sting (2017)
- http://newschannel9.com/police-arrest-11-in-prostitution-sting (2017)
- http://www.wrcbtv.com/11-arrested-in-prostitution-sting (2017)
- http://www.chattanoogan.com/11-Arrested-In-Undercover-Prostitution.aspx (2017)
Background on Prostitution, Sex Trafficking in the Area:
- “Sex Trafficking Study Cites Hamilton County”, Chattanooga Times Free Press, May 19 2011.
- “Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Sex Trafficking Survey Provokes Questions by Police”, Chattanooga Times Free Press, November 14 2011.
- “Chattanooga: Police Document First Sex Trafficking Case”, Chattanooga Times Free Press, January 23 2013.
- “Female Human Trafficker Sentenced; Defendant Ran an Interstate Prostitution Ring Involving a Juvenile”, U.S. States News Service, April 29 2013.
- “Troutman Gets 27-Month Federal Sentence in Traveling Prostitution Case”, Chattanoogan, August 19 2013.
- “How a 15-Year-Old Girl Was Allegedly Abducted into Prostitution,” Flint Journal, June 11 2015.
- “Georgia Man Arrested for Human Trafficking, Promoting Prostitution,” Chattanoogan, February 12 2016.
- https://wdef.com/human-trafficking-prostitution-charges/ (2018)
- http://www.chattanoogan.com/City-Taking-Steps-To-Deal-With.aspx (2018)
Comments are closed.