Citrus Heights, CA
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Citrus Heights is a city of about 87,000 residents located in Sacramento County, in central California. Among the tactics used to address well-documented problems with commercial sex and trafficking are those combating demand. In January 2018, a prostitution sting conducted by the Citrus Heights Police Department resulted in 10 arrests, including four men accused of soliciting the services of prostitution. The operation was part of the fourth annual Reclaim and Rebuild Enforcement Operation and was conducted in coordination with the Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Task Force. The objective was to identify and rescue commercially sexually exploited victims of human trafficking and to disrupt the demand for their services, according to a Police Department news release. The enforcement effort focused on identifying and arresting the pimps, and the sex buyers who drive the markets for commercial sex. Police encourage anyone who needs help or knows someone who does, or who suspects human trafficking may be occurring to call the Citrus Heights Police Department at 916-727-5500.
- Citrus Heights Police Department
- Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Task Force
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article (2018)
- http://www.kcra.com/article/10-arrested-in-citrus-heights-prostitution-stings (2018)
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- “California Men Sentenced to Federal Prison for Sex Trafficking; Used Straw Corporations to Run Massage Parlors and Tanning Salons Providing Sex Acts”, Press Release, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Washington, December 2 2009.
- “6 Teens Taken from Sex Trade”, Sacramento Bee, June 26 2012.
- “Krell Calls DA Lax on Sex Trafficking”, Sacramento Bee, March 27 2014.
- “Krell Rips DA’s Office over Sex-Trafficking Cases; Candidates Say Girls Are Victims, Not Criminals”, Sacramento Bee, May 31 2014.
- Two Accused of Forcing to Work as Prostitute Sacramento Bee, July 24 2015.
- https://www.kcra.com/sacramento-sex-trafficking-exploitation-hub (2022)
- https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/sex-trafficking-awareness-sacramento/ (2022)
- https://www.kcra.com/thousands-sex-trafficked-sacramento-county-study-finds (2022)
- https://www.yahoo.com/tens-thousands-minors-adults-sex-trafficking (2022)
- https://www.rti.org/estimating-sex-trafficking-in-sacramento-county (2022)
- https://www.capradio.org/sex-trafficking-in-sacramento-county (2022)
- https://goldrushcam.com/sacramento-man-sentenced-30-years-sex-trafficking-minor (2022)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Get Tough on Racy Ads, Detective Asks Yellow Pages”, Sacramento Bee, March 4 1990.
- “Undercover Deputies Smash Prostitution Ring; 2 Arrested”, Sacramento Bee, March 11 1997.
- “County Targets Absent Owners; Proposals Focus on Blighted Property”, Sacramento Bee, September 2 1997.
- “Fines for Landlords Have Reduced Crimes, Officials Say”, Sacramento Bee, December 2 1998.
- “County Targets Tanning Centers; A Special Investigation Unit Cites Six Businesses with Prostitution”, Sacramento Bee, June 27 2002.
- “Crime Declines as Arden Cleans Up; Sheriff’s Department Officials Say Assigning Officers to Work in Certain Neighborhoods Help Offenses Drop”, Sacramento Bee, March 27 2003.
- “Alleged Brothels Ordered to Close; The Sheriff’s Department Is Cracking Down on Prostitution Rings Masquerading as Spas”, Sacramento Bee, February 12 2004.
- “County Targets Illicit Sex Trade; A Proposed Ordinance Would Fight Prostitution Houses that Pose as Massage Businesses”, Sacramento Bee, January 27 2005.
- “Prostitution Sting Nets Arrest and Meat Cleaver”, Sacramento Bee, November 15 2007.
Comments are closed.