|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Antioch is a village of about 14,000 residents in northeastern Illinois and is part of the larger Antioch Township within Lake County. The village is located within the Chain O’Lakes waterway system and borders the state of Wisconsin. Prostitution has been documented in the area. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. Identity disclosure and employment loss are consequences of sex buying that have occurred locally. In February 2020, a Waukegan man was suspended from his Grayslake school position and fired from his Antioch coaching job following his arrest in a reverse sting in Gurnee. The man was one of 14 charged with solicitation of a sex act after he offered money in exchange for sex to an undercover police officer, according to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office. His identity was released to the press and it was revealed that he was a program assistant at Community Consolidated School District 46’s Park Campus in Grayslake, a job from which he was suspended after his arrest. The man was also the assistant girls’ basketball coach at Antioch Community High School, but was immediately suspended without pay and eventually fired by the Community High School District 17 school board following his arrest, at the recommendation of the Superintendent.
- Lake County Sheriff’s Office
- Antioch Community High School
- Community High School District 17 School Board
- Community High School District 17 Superintendent
Sex Buyer Fired or Resigned Due to Arrest:
- https://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-lns-grayslake-46-prostitution-charge-st (2020)
- https://patch.com/man-fired-antioch-coaching-job-after-trafficking-sting-bust (2020)
- https://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/assistant-coach-for-girls-basketball-team-at-antioch-community-high-school-fired-after-arrest-in-prostitution-sting-in-gurnee (2020)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
Comments are closed.