|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Grayslake is a village of roughly 20,000 residents in Lake County, Illinois, west of Waukegan. In addition to overseeing county-level anti-prostitution investigations, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office has staged at least one operation in Grayslake.
In early September 2015, LCSO officers announced the completion of a web-based reverse sting in the village. The operation was conducted in August 2015 as part of the “National Day of Johns’ Arrests”– organized by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office– and resulted in the arrests of 14 individuals after they responded to “an online classifieds website” for prostitution acts. All of the offenders’ names were publicized in press.
- Lake County Sheriff’s Office
Web-Based Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “‘National Day of Johns’ Nets 12 Arrests in Lake County,” Chicago Daily Herald, September 12 2015.
- “14 Arrested in Undercover Prostitution Sting in Lake County,” NBC/WMAQ-TV 5, September 13 2015.
- “Grayslake Man among 14 Arrested in Lake County Prostitution Sting; The Undercover Sting Occurred in August,” Grayslake Patch, September 13 2015.
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Massage Therapist Applauds New Grayslake Ordinance,” Chicago Daily Herald, December 20 1996.
- “Spa Owner Charged with Prostitution,” Waukegan News Sun, November 5 2008.
- “Prostitution Charges Filed in Grayslake,” Chicago Daily Herald, November 7 2008.
- “Grayslake Cites Prostitution in Revoking Kyoto Spa and Massage’s Business License,” Chicago Daily Herald, June 4 2013.
- “Grayslake OKs New Approval Process for Massage Businesses,” Chicago Daily Herald, February 18 2014.
- https://patch.com/illinois/grayslake/prostitution-sting-results-arrests-grayslake-man-13-others (2019)
Comments are closed.