|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Yukon is a city in eastern Canadian County, Oklahoma. It is part of the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area and has a population of approximately 28,000 residents. Instances of prostitution and sex trafficking have been documented in the city and greater county area. This activity and its ancillary crimes have resulted in reports to local law enforcement from residents and businesses. Additional issues that have been reported to occur as a result of the city’s growing commercial sex market, are illicit massage businesses (IMBs), drugs, and sex trafficking of adults and minors.
Loss of employment and identity disclosure are consequences of buying sex that have occurred in the city. For example, in May 2016, a City of Yukon dispatcher was arrested during a prostitution sting at an Oklahoma City hotel. He was one of five male sex buyers who were arrested as a result of the sting operation. According to reports, the dispatcher made contact with an Oklahoma City vice enforcement officer who was posing as a prostituted woman at a local hotel. The former City of Yukon employee attempted to solicit sex from the undercover officer for $80, and was then arrested on complaints of offering to engage in prostitution. He was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail. He was a dispatcher for the Yukon Police Department. The Yukon Police Chief released a statement saying that in response to the man’s arrest and review of information provided by the Oklahoma City Police Department, the Yukon Police Department “separated employment” with the dispatcher,
“We are disappointed to learn that one of our dispatchers from the Yukon Police Department, [name omitted], has been arrested by the Oklahoma City Police Department. The Yukon Police Department reviewed the information provided to us regarding the arrest of [the former dispatcher]. As a result of his arrest, we have separated employment with [him]. While we cannot control the behavior of our employees during their personal time, we make it (a) priority to stress that their actions not only represent themselves, but the Yukon Police Department and the City of Yukon.”
The sex buyer’s identity and image were included in reports by local media outlets.
Loss of Employment, Identity Disclosure:
- Yukon PD separates employment with man arrested for soliciting prostitution (2016)
- https://kfor.com/news/yukon-police-dispatcher-arrested-during-prostitution-sting/ (2016)
- Yukon PD dispatcher arrested after prostitution sting (2016)
Background on Local Prostitution and Sex Trafficking:
- Student’s talk on prostitution results in resignation of YHS speech teacher (1959)
- Canadian County files 26 charges (2004)
- https://kfor.com/news/yukon-tutor-arrested-for-sex-crime-with-8-year-old-boy/ (2013)
- https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hobby-lobby-abduction/ (2015)
- https://yukonprogressnews.com/2022/03/04/not-so-happy-ending-for-yukon-area-masseuse/ (2022)
Comments are closed.