|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Wynot is a village in Cedar County, Nebraska, with a population of approximately 25o. It is located in northeastern Nebraska, just west of Sioux City, Iowa, and south of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Prostitution and sex trafficking activity have been well-documented throughout the region. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. The demand reduction tactics of employment loss and public disclosure of identities have been employed in Wynot. In August, 2022, a man facing criminal charges of “soliciting a minor for sexual purposes” resigned as a Wynot public school teacher. The man submitted his resignation at a special July, 2022 school board meeting. He had been teaching social studies for grades 7-12. The board unanimously accepted the man’s resignation on a 6-0 vote, and his name and photo were removed from the school district website. The alleged sex buyer had entered a written plea of not guilty to the two charges in Woodbury County trial court in Sioux City. He had been charged with one count of prostitution and one count of enticing a minor under age 16 for sexual purposes. He allegedly attempted to entice a 14-year-old girl into paid sexual abuse during an incident in Sioux City, Iowa. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had monitored communication where the suspect requested to sexually abuse the girl for $200, according to media reports. He was caught and arrested by the FBI and the Sioux City Police Department as he allegedly attempted to complete the arrangement. When he was arrested, he was in possession of alcoholic beverages allegedly meant to be shared with the minor, an unopened box of condoms and more than $200 in cash, according to the complaint.
- Wynot Public Schools
- Sioux City Police Department
Empl0yment Loss, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.siouxlandproud.com/siouxland-teacher-arrested-for-prostitution-of-minor/ (2022)
- https://www.hartington.net/educator-arrested-alleged-enticement-minor (2022)
- https://siouxlandnews.com/sergeant-bluff-man-charged-with-enticing-a-minor (2022)
- https://journalstar.com/former-nebraska-teacher-pleads-not-guilty-of-enticing-minor-for-sex (2022)
- https://siouxcityjournal.com/former-wynot-nebraska-teacher-pleads-not-guilty-of-enticing-minor-for-sex (2022)
- https://www.yankton.net/Wynot teacher resigns amid charges of prostitution with minor, enticement (2022)
- https://www.msn.com/wynot-public-schools-employee-charged-with-enticing-a-minor (2022)
Background on Prostitution, Sex Trafficking, Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- “Nebraskans Say Law Helps to Control Teen Prostitution,” Omaha World-Herald, March 22 1985.
- “Task Force Cites Big Prostitution Ring,” Spencer Daily Reporter, August 22 1985.
- “Citizens Group Urges Tougher Laws To End Teen-age Prostitution,” Omaha World-Herald, September 26 1985.
- “Teen-age Prostitutes Keep a Low Profile in Omaha,” Omaha World-Herald, September 29 1985.
- “Rumor Places Prostitution Ring in Other Cities,” Omaha World-Herald, October 10 1985.
- “Police Target Cook Park Prostitutes,” Sioux City Journal, August 12 1997.
- “New Ordinance Would Establish Licensing Requirements and Regulations for Sexually-Oriented Businesses in Sioux City,” Sioux City Journal, December 7 2004.
- “Police Arrest Seven in Prostitution Sting,” Sioux City Journal, July 23 2005.
- “Cracking Down,” Sioux City Journal, July 27 2005.
- “Prostitution Arrest Made at Sioux City Massage Business,” Sioux City Journal, November 30 2011.
- “Arraignment Set in Massage Business Prostitution Case,” Sioux City Journal, December 1 2011.
- “Crime Watch: Masseuse Arrested for Soliciting Undercover Officer, Police Say,” Sioux City Journal, December 1 2011.
- “Sioux City Massage Parlor Case Dismissed,” Sioux City Journal, June 19 2012.
- “U.S. Atty.: Sex Trafficking Real in South Dakota”, CBS/KELO-TV 11, November 19 2012.
- “State Suspends Sioux City Massage Therapists’ Licenses,” Sioux City Journal, April 30 2013.
- “Couple Arrested for Pimping, Prostitution,” Sioux City Journal, April 4 2016.
Comments are closed.