|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Wilson is a city of approximately 48,000 residents, located east of Raleigh in Wilson County, North Carolina. Prostitution and sex trafficking activity have been documented in the city. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. For example, in late June 2007, officers from the Wilson Police Department conducted a street-level reverse sting along US 301 South. An undercover female officer was placed along the thoroughfare as a decoy; as male sex buyers attempted to solicit sex from her, they were apprehended by police. The WPD included all three arrestee names and other identifying information in a press release. A similar operation in March 2013 resulted in the arrest of two sex buyers.
- Wilson Police Department
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “Prostitution Reverse Sting”, Press Release, Wilson Police Department, July 1 2007.
- “Picking Up Prostitutes, 9 Men Charged in Reverse Sting”, Wilson Daily Times, June 29 2011.
- “One More Charged in Prostitution Sting”, Wilson Daily Times, June 30 2011.
- “Police: Five Arrested in Prostitution Sting”, Wilson Daily Times, January 15 2013.
- “Two Arrested in Wilson Prostitution Sting”, Wilson Daily Times, March 28 2013.
- “Dozens Charged in Wilson Crime Crackdown; Police Target Prostitution, Underage Alcohol Sales, Speeding”, Wilson Daily Times, March 30 2013.
- “Five Charged in Wilson Prostitution Sting”, Wilson Daily Times, May 22 2013.
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- “Human-Trafficking Ring Busted in Wilson”, CBS/WRAL-TV 5, February 6 2010.
- https://www.wral.com/human-trafficking-ring-busted-in-wilson (2010)
- “Parks Convicted, Faces Decades in Prison”, Wilson Daily Times, February 11 2013.
- “Wilson Ruling Could Have Statewide Impact”, Wilson Daily Times, April 1 2013.
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Operation Targets Street-Level Crime”, Wilson Daily Times, December 30 2008.
- “Wilson Police Conduct Vice Sting”, Wilson Daily Times, May 26 2009.
- “Campaign Targets Prostitution, Drugs, Underage Alcohol Sales”, Wilson Daily Times, December 31 2011.
Comments are closed.