|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Wildwood is a city in St. Louis County, Missouri. It is a western suburb of the city of St. Louis. It is located in the far western portion of the county, abutting the city of Chesterfield, and its population is about 35,000. Prostitution and sex trafficking activity throughout St. Louis County have been well-documented. Among the tactics used to address prostitution and sex trafficking are those focused on consumer-level demand. For example, in June 2017, fourteen people were arrested during a web-based reverse sting operation conducted by the St. Louis County Police Multijurisdictional Human Trafficking Task Force and collaborating agencies. The target was consumer level demand, specifically those seeking to purchase sex from potential human trafficking victims. The investigation concluded with 14 people alleged to have tried to purchase sex from potential trafficking victims between June 19, 2017, and June 22, 2017, at various locations within St. Louis County and St. Charles County. The names, ages, and addresses of the 14 individuals were listed in news reports. In February, 2021 in which a local man pleaded guilty to sex trafficking of a child for an incident that occurred in 2019 while he was on probation for a previous sex crime.
In the city of Wildwood a man was arrested and charged with running a prostitution business out of his Wildwood home. He eventually was sentenced to one year of probation after pleading guilty to a reduced charge of a misdemeanor count of patronizing prostitution. Prosecutors amended the charge from a felony count of promoting prostitution.
- St. Louis County Police Department
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.stltoday.com/wildwood-man-charged-with-running-prostitution-business-out-of-his-home (2021)
- https://www.stltoday.com/wildwood-man-gets-one-year-of-probation-in-prostitution-case (2021)
Background on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking Throughout the County:
- https://patch.com/missouri/prostitution-charges-shut-down-des-peres-massage-business (2012)
- https://patch.com/missouri/stcharles/woman-charged-with-prostitution-after-sting-operation (2013)
- http://www.stltoday.com/teen-girls-forced-into-prostitution-in-north-st-louis-county (2013)
- http://fox2now.com/undercover-sting-nets-5-prostitution-arrests-at-2-clayton-hotels/ (2015)
- http://fox2now.com/several-prostitution-suspects-arrested-in-south-st-louis/ (2017)
- http://www.kmov.com/story/police-14-suspects-arrested-in-prostitution-sting (2017)
- https://stlouis.cbslocal.com/14-arrested-on-prostitution-charges/ (2017)
- https://www.ksdk.com//14-suspects-arrested-following-prostitution-sting (2017)
- https://www.ksdk.com/st-charles-county-massage-parlor-employee-arrested-for-prostitution (2018)
- https://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/wildwood-p-d-to-host-several-upcoming-events-for-charity (2023)
Local Prostitution Ordinance:
Comments are closed.