West Alton, NH
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
West Alton, New Hampshire is located on the southern shore of Lake Winnipesaukee, in Belknap County, and has a population of approximately 2,200. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and demand reduction tactics have been implement in West Alton. In October, 2022, the former manager of the West Alton Marina was indicted on 12 counts of federal “child pornography” (more accurately described as “child sexual abuse materials, or CSAM) offenses and four counts of sex trafficking of a minor for crimes dating back to 2015. He was initially arrested in August, 2021, and was charged previously in state court. Federal authorities had investigated the allegations as well, and the newer federal criminal charges were brought as a result. The federal indictment said the man was in charge of hiring and supervising employees at the marina, some of whom were minors, and five were victims identified as ‘John Does’ in court paperwork. The indictment alleged that the man asked those underage employees to take sexually explicit pictures and videos of themselves and send them over text or Snapchat, often in exchange for cash. Court documents also said the man “subjected numerous minor employees to unwanted sexual contact and sexual acts,” sometimes in exchange for money. The man was already facing similar state charges as well as civil lawsuits from alleged victims, and lost his job at the marina as the result of the allegations. The offender eventually admitted to sexually abusing minors and producing CSAM, and in March, 2023 was sentenced in federal court to 25 years in prison.
- Alton Police Department
- U.S. Attorney’s Office
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure, Employment Loss:
- https://www.wmur.com/marina-manager-indicted-new-charges (2022)
- https://www.laconiadailysun.com/west-alton-marina-hit-with-sixth-lawsuit (2022)
- https://www.eagletimes.com/alton-resident-facing-sa-charges (2022)
- https://www.laconiadailysun.com/victim-in-alleged-sex-assault-sues-west-alton-marina-owners-manager (2022)
- https://www.wmur.com/west-alton-marina-manager-indicted-federal-charges (2022)
- https://www.wmur.com/hearing-former-west-alton-marina-manager-new-hampshire (2022)
- https://www.justice.gov/usao-nh/pr/former-manager-west-alton-marina-pleads-guilty-federal-sex-trafficking-and-child (2022)
- https://www.wmur.com/trial-date-manager-west-alton-marina (2023)
- https://www.laconiadailysun.com/murray-sentenced-to-25-years-in-prison-for-sex-trafficking-child-pornography (2023)
- https://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-marina-sexual-abuse-sentence (2023)
- https://www.wmur.com/former-west-alton-marina-manager-sentenced-to-25-years-in-federal-prison (2023)
- https://www.justice.gov/former-manager-west-alton-marina-sentenced-25-years-federal-prison-sex-trafficking (2023)
Background on Prostitution Sex Trafficking, Prostitution in the Region:
- “Accused Pimp Freed after Posting Bail,” Portsmouth Herald, August 8 2012.
- “Human Trafficking Focus of New N.H. Commission,” Foster’s Daily Democrat, January 27 2013.
- “Supreme Court Affirms Portsmouth Pimp’s Convictions,” Portsmouth Herald, April 17 2014.
- https://www.seacoastonline.com/article/news/ (2014)
- https://www.portsmouthnh.com/hidden-in-plain-sight-human-trafficking-new-england/ (2015)
- http://www.unionleader.com/Police-Human-trafficking-on-the-rise-in-New-Hampshire (2018)
- https://www.seacoastonline.com/husband-wife-charged-in-sex-trafficking-prostitution-scheme (2018)
- https://seacoastcurrent.com/rochester-nh-man-who-allegedly-touched-child-in-public-park-held-after-arraignment/ (2021)
- https://www.wmur.com/paul-patsalis-arraignment-child-sexual-abuse-images-charged (2021)
Comments are closed.