|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Weedsport is a village in Cayuga County, New York with a population of about 1,700 residents. Weedsport is in the town of Brutus, about 26 miles west of Syracuse. Prostitution has been documented in the county in response to community complaints. To address this problem, efforts have been made to combat consumer-level demand. For example, in 2018, a man was sentenced to two years in prison for crimes committed during a reverse sting that occurred in Cayuga County in 2016. The offender was one of 11 people arrested in June of that year during the sting. At the time, New York State Police said investigators posted a decoy online ad for a mother-daughter prostitution team stating that the daughter was 12-years-old. The offender answered the ad, demonstrating the intent to have sex with the woman and to sexually assault the child in exchange for money. He was arrested in Weedsport on charges of attempted rape and attempted “patronizing a prostitute”, and was also charged with possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child for having a video of an adult raping an 8-year-old girl (thus constituting child sexual abuse material, or CSAM). The man pleaded guilty to reduced charges in November 2017.
- New York State Police
- Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office
Web-Based Reverse Sting, Identity Disclosure:
- http://auburnpub.com/state-police-release-more-details-on-weedsport-prostitution-sting (2016)
- http://auburnpub.com/eleven-onondaga-county-residents-charged-in-connection-with-weedsport-prostitution (2016)
- http://www.localsyr.com/11-people-arrested-in-weedsport-prostitution-sting (2016)
- http://www.fingerlakesdailynews.com/man-sentenced-for-weedsport-child-porn-prostitution-arrest (2018)
- http://fingerlakes1.com/man-sentenced-for-attempted-rape-possessing-child-porn-in-cayuga-county (2018)
Background on Prostitution, Sex Trafficking, Related CSAM in the Area:
Comments are closed.