|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Wall Township is a township of approximately 26,000 residents, located near Asbury Park in Monmouth County, New Jersey. The township has reported problems related to prostitution occurring in and around local motels across decades. To address the issues, officers from the Wall Township Police Department and New Jersey State Police conducted a web-based reverse sting to arrest sex buyers. The operation occurred in 2014, and was staged at an unnamed hotel along Route 35. Fifteen johns, including one twice-convicted sex offender, were arrested as a result. All had their names and arrest photos released to the public. Following the sting, the Wall Township Police Department released a statement stating that it “will continue to conduct quality-of-life checks within the area and make it more difficult for those who engage in criminal activity to operate out of any [local] motels.”
- New Jersey State Police
- Wall Township Police Department
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “Motel Detail: Men Arrested for Prostitution Related Charges”, Press Release, Wall Township Police Department, April 8 2014.
- “Prostitution Sweep Nets 15 Men at Wall Motel”, NJ.com, April 8 2014.
- “15 Men Involved in Wall Prostitution Arrests; Names Released”, Wall Patch, April 9 2014.
- “Manahawkin Man among 15 Charged with Prostitution; Names Released”, Barnegat-Manahawkin Patch, April 9 2014.
- “Names Released of Men Facing Prostitution Charges in Wall; Shore Residents, Sex Offender among 15 Men Facing Charges”, Asbury Park Press, April 9 2014.
- “Twice-Convicted Sex Offender among 15 Men Charged in Wall Prostitution Sweep”, NJ.com, April 9 2014.
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Three Women Arrested for Prostitution; Wall Township Police Make Sweep of Area Motels”, Wall Patch, August 24 2011.
- “21yo Asbury Resident Arrested for Prostitution”, Press Release, Wall Township Police Department, February 23 2012.
- “Wall Township Sweep Leads to Prostitution Charges for Hotel Employee”, NJ.com, March 18 2014.
- “Quality of Life Investigations”, Press Release, Wall Township Police Department, March 19 2014.