|IT Based Tactics
Ville Platte is the largest city in and the parish seat of Evangeline Parish, located in central Louisiana. Its population is approximately 6,000 residents. Prostitution and sex trafficking activity have been documented in the communities and unincorporated areas of Evangeline Parish. This activity and the problems and ancillary crimes it generates result in complaints to law enforcement agencies from residents and businesses.
Employment loss is a consequence for sex buyers that has occurred in Ville Plate. For example, in July 2017, the city of Ville Platte and its police department faced a lawsuit involving the alleged actions of a City Marshal Deputy, in which the plaintiff alleged that the defendant forced her to have sex with another individual while he watched. According to the lawsuit, the man approached the victim while wearing his uniform and driving a Ville Platte marked vehicle for what she claims was a date. The plaintiff alleges that the man repeatedly pressured her to have sex with other men and took her to purchase drugs and alcohol. After multiple attempts by the defendant, the victim acquiesced and had sex with one of the men. The man was eventually arrested for soliciting a prostitute and was released on bond. The officer was suspended from his role as vice president of the City Marshal’s Office and was also fired from his role as patrolman at the Chataignier Police Department. An investigation into the incident was conducted by local officials with help from the Evangeline Parish Sheriffs Office.
- Ville Platte Police Department
- Evangeline Parish Sheriffs Office
- City Marshal’s Office
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure, Employment Loss:
- Ville Platte Deputy Marshal arrested for soliciting prostitution; suspended from Marshal’s office (2017)
- http://www.kplctv.com/story/ville-platte-city-deputy-arrested-for-promoting-prostitution-previously-ran-for-office-in-calcasieu (2017)
- http://www.walb.com/story/ville-platte-deputy-marshal-arrested-for-promoting-prostitution-has-history-of-misconduct-allegations (2017)
- https://archive.evangelinetoday.com/local/ville-platte-deputy-marshal-arrested-soliciting-prostitution-suspended-marshal (2017)
- https://louisianarecord.com/stories/ville-platte-deputy-named-in-lawsuit-for-alleged-sexual-coercion (2017)
Background on Prostitution in the Area: