Tice is a small suburb of Fort Myers, Florida, with about 5,000 residents. It is situated in Lee County. Community complaints about prostitution occurring in houses have driven law enforcement efforts to address prostitution in the town. The Lee County Sheriff’s Office has conducted at least one reverse sting in Tice, resulting in the arrests of four sex buyers. The names and ages of those arrested were released and carried by local news outlets.
- Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Street-Level Reverse Stings with Shaming:
- “Deputies Arrest 9 during Prostitution Operations,” Naples Daily News, October 5 2012.
- “Deputies Arrest 9 during Prostitution Operations,” Marco Island Eagle, October 5 2012.
- Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Five Arrested in Sweep of Prostitution Houses,” Lehigh Acres Citizen, June 27 2009.
- “Sheriff’s Office: Deputies Shut down Prostitution Houses; Make Five Arrests,” Lehigh Acres Citizen, June 27 2009.