|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Tallapoosa is a city of about 3,350 residents in northwestern Georgia. It is located in Haralson County, roughly 60 miles west of Atlanta. Prostitution and child sexual exploitation have been documented in the city. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. Aour suspects were arrested in a prostitution sting in Tallapoosa conducted by the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, which was comprised of officers from the Haralson County Sheriff’s Office, Bremen Police Department, and Buchanan Police Department. The Tallapoosa Police Department also collaborated in the four-hour operation at a local motel. One man was charged with enticing a child for indecent purposes and obscene telephone or computer contact with a child, one was charged with prostitution, and the other two (a couple with 14-month-old twins) were charged with prostitution and pimping, respectively, as well as two counts of cruelty to children. Their identities were included in news releases.
- Tallapoosa Police Department
- GBI’s Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force
- Haralson County Sheriff’s Office
- Bremen Police Department
- Buchanan Police Department
Web-Based Reverse Sting, Identity Disclosure:
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- https://www.11alive.com/several-men-busted-in-small-georgia-town-in-underage-sex-sting (2017)
- https://www.wfmynews2.com/several-men-busted-in-small-georgia-town-in-underage-sex-sting (2017)
- https://polktoday.com/tallapoosa-man-arrested-in-polk-on-multiple-charges-involving-sex-trafficking-enticing-a-minor (2020)
Comments are closed.