St. Cloud is a small city of about than 35,000 residents in the greater Orlando area, near Kissimmee, Florida. Local law enforcement have conducted reverse sting operations in the city since at least 1989. In September 2012, the Osceola Sheriff’s Office collaborated with nearby agencies to conduct its first web-based sting, which resulted in the arrest of 11 sex buyers and others. The names and photos of all those arrested (sex buyers, prostituted women, and pimps) were released to the media and posted online. In August, 2013 the St. Cloud Police Department arrested two St. Cloud men as part of a reverse sting. The names, ages, and occupations of the arrested sex buyers were publicized.
- St. Cloud Police Department
- Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
- Reverse Stings:
- “St. Cloud”, Orlando Sentinel, January 15 1989.
- “Deputies Charge 32 in Prostitution Sting”, Orlando Sentinel, May 31 2002.
- “St. Cloud Pastor Arrested in Prostitution Sting”, Orlando Sentinel, August 26 2013.
- “Two Men Arrested in St. Cloud Prostitution Sting”, Osceola News-Gazette, August 26 2013.
- “Married Pastor Jailed in Prostitution Sting”, Orlando Sentinel, August 27 2013.
- Web Stings, Shaming: