|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Web-based reverse stings have been conducted in the city to combat consumer-level demand for commercial sex. In January 2020, 11 men were arrested in Spring Hill in an undercover human trafficking sting. The Spring Hill Police Department joined with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) to conduct the online operation, which caught 11 men from all over Middle Tennessee soliciting sex from the undercover officers. The men ranged in age from 19 to 72 years old, and more than half of them were charged with soliciting a minor or patronizing prostitution from a minor. Their arrest photos were released to the press.
In July 2021, 18 men were arrested for seeking illicit sex from minors in a two-day joint undercover operation conducted by the TBI Human Trafficking Unit, Spring Hill Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security Investigations, and the Office of the 22nd District Attorney General. Law enforcement placed several decoy advertisements on websites known for prostitution to identify those seeking to engage in commercial sex acts with minors. The charges of the eighteen men arrested included patronizing prostitution from a minor and solicitation of a minor. Their names, ages, hometowns, and arrest photos were released to the public.
- Spring Hill Police Department
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)
- TBI Human Trafficking Unit
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Homeland Security Investigations
- Office of the 22nd District Attorney General
- End Slavery Tennessee
Web-Based Reverse Sting, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.wkrn.com/news/human-trafficking-sting-highlights-online-demand-in-middle-tennessee (2020)
- https://www.mainstreet-nashville.com/news/crime-briefs-18-men-arrested-in-spring-hill-human-trafficking-bust (2021)
- https://davidsoncountysource.com/18-men-arrested-charged-in-spring-hill-human-trafficking-operation (2021)
- https://www.cbs17.com/news/south/tennessee-man-accused-of-trying-to-buy-teen-girl-for-sex-talks-from-jail (2021)
- https://www.columbiadailyherald.com/story/news/crime/human-trafficking-investigation-leads-arrest-18-men-spring-hill-police (2021)