|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Seymour is a city in Jackson County, Indiana, with a population of approximately 21,600 at the 2020 census. Prostitution and sex trafficking activity in the city has been well documented, and among the responses to problems associated with the local sex trade have been the use of demand reduction tactics. For example, in March, 2021, eight people were arrested during an undercover operation in southern Indiana targeting anti-human trafficking and pedophilia in the area. A sting operation targeting sex trafficking in southern Indiana landed eight men behind bars. Six of the eight men were charged with attempting to sexually abuse a child under the age of 16, according to a news release from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department. The other two were arrested after they allegedly showed up at the sting operation to pay to sexually abuse either a 16-year-old or a 19-year-old. The three-day sting operation in Seymour took place from March 9-11. The men arrested range in age from 19 to 60 years old. Officials said Covenant Rescue Group, a local nonprofit, assisted the Sheriff’s Department with the operation. The undercover operation began with investigators communicating with the individuals online using sex trafficking and prostitution website. Investigators said one of the two men also came to the site to sexually abuse both a 16 and 19-year-old and offered to pay for drugs. The Sheriff’s Department said they found meth and ecstasy with the individual when he was arrested. Officials said 7,000 messages were sent and received during the undercover operation and all suspects had intentions of having sex for money with teenage girls as young as 15 years old. In addition, the Sheriff’s Department said two specific individuals have suspected sex traffickers who used intimidation methods to try and lure the girls to Louisville and Indianapolis. Officials said the two individuals who made their way to the operation site were immediately taken into custody after trying to make physical contact with the decoy. The identities of the arrested men were publicly disclosed.
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Department
- Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department
- Covenant Rescue Group
Web-Based Reverse Sting, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.wlky.com/8-men-arrested-during-jackson-county-human-traffickingpedophile-sting-using-underage-decoys (2021)
- https://www.whas11.com/operation-march-sadness-8-arrested-seymour-inidnana-jackson-county (2021)
- https://cbs4indy.com/8-arrested-in-jackson-county-human-trafficking-pedophile-sting-operation/ (2021)
- https://fox59.com/operation-march-sadness-8-arrested-in-jackson-county-human-trafficking-pedophile-operation/ (2021)
- http://www.therepublic.com/eight-arrested-after-trafficking-and-pedophile-sting-operation/ (2021)
- https://www.wthr.com/eight-men-arrested-in-jackson-county-human-trafficking-sting-indiana-march-charges (2021)
- https://www.wdrb.com/eight-arrested-in-southern-indiana-anti-human-trafficking-pedophile-operation (2021)
Background on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking:
Comments are closed.