|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Sellersburg, Indiana is located in Clark County in the southeastern portion of the state. The town is home to approximately 10,000 people and is located along interstate 65, in close proximity to the major metropolitan area of Louisville, Kentucky. The larger area of Clark County has experienced problems associated with prostitution for years. For example, in 2010 a local woman was indicted for running an undercover prostitution ring that spanned the course of two years.
Consumer-level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. Demand reduction tactics used in the town include sex buyer arrests and the disclosure of sex buyer identities. For example, in 2014 the former Clark County Sheriff was publicly identified and lost his job following discovery of an assortment of relationships with prostituted persons spanning the course of multiple years. In 2014, the man was forced to resign from his position following the prostitution scandal. In 2017, the same man was found to be in company of another prostituted woman in Sellersburg. Following her arrest, she gave the police evidence about their relationship, claiming that the man had paid her on multiple occasions to engage in sexual acts with him. The man was then charged with soliciting prostitution.
- Sellersburg Police Department
- Clark County Sheriff’s Department
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure:
- http://www.wdrb.com/3-years-after-affair-with-prostitute-former-clark-county-sheriff-accused-of-paying-for-escort (2017)
- https://www.jconline.com/indiana-sheriff-indicted-prostitution-probe (2017)
- https://www.azcentral.com/indiana-sheriff-charged-in-prostitution-case (2017)
- https://www.courier-journal.com/clark-county-sheriff-danny-rodden-indicted-federal-grand-jury (2017)
- https://www.newsandtribune.com/former-clark-county-sheriff-accused-of-paying-for-prostitutes (2017)
- https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/clark-county-sheriff-linked-to-prostitute-taking-leave (2017)
Background on Prostitution in the Area: