|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Rochester is a city in Strafford County, New Hampshire, located in southeastern New Hampshire, about 15 miles inland from the Atlantic Coast and abutting the city of Dover, the seat of Strafford County. As of the 2020 census, the population of Rochester was approximately 31,000. Prostitution and sex trafficking have been well documented in the southeastern part of the state. In response, demand reduction tactics have been used in the city. For example, in July, 2021, a 76-year-old man was arrested and jailed after a judge at Strafford County Superior Court found there was clear and convincing evidence his release would endanger the public. The man was accused of having multiple sexual abuse images of children at his residence and prosecutors say he was actively trying to recruit children for sexual abuse, including acts of prostitution. The man was allegedly caught talking to a six-year-old girl and touching her at Rochester Commons. The girl’s mother called the police. Court documents show Rochester police began investigating the man for the possession of child sex abuse images after a Verizon Wireless employee observed text messages on two phones which were related to human trafficking. They included prostitution and requests to meet a minor. The Strafford County Attorney outlined the case against the man, including a house “allegedly filled with child pornography.”
- Rochester Police Department
Arrest of Sex Buyer, Identity Disclosure:
- https://seacoastcurrent.com/rochester-nh-man-who-allegedly-touched-child-in-public-park-held-after-arraignment/ (2021)
- https://www.wmur.com/paul-patsalis-arraignment-child-sexual-abuse-images-charged (2021)
Background on Prostitution Sex Trafficking, Prostitution in the Area:
- “Accused Pimp Freed after Posting Bail,” Portsmouth Herald, August 8 2012.
- “Human Trafficking Focus of New N.H. Commission,” Foster’s Daily Democrat, January 27 2013.
- “Supreme Court Affirms Portsmouth Pimp’s Convictions,” Portsmouth Herald, April 17 2014.
- https://www.seacoastonline.com/article/20141030/news/ (2014)
- https://www.portsmouthnh.com/hidden-in-plain-sight-human-trafficking-new-england/ (2015)
- http://www.unionleader.com/Police-Human-trafficking-on-the-rise-in-New-Hampshire (2018)
- https://www.seacoastonline.com/husband-wife-charged-in-sex-trafficking-prostitution-scheme (2018)
Comments are closed.