Palm Beach Gardens, FL
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Palm Beach Gardens is a city of about 60,000 residents in Palm Beach County. It is located in southeastern Florida just north of West Palm Beach and is part of the Miami metropolitan area. Prostitution activity has been well-documented throughout Palm Beach County, including in the city of Palm Beach Gardens, and the problems and ancillary crimes it generates results in complaints to law enforcement agencies from residents and businesses. Among the more serious crimes associated with the local commercial sex market is sex trafficking. Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and has therefore been targeted by local law enforcement agencies as a strategy for prevention and response. For example, identity disclosure and loss of employment are consequence of buying sex that have occurred within the city. In March 2019, the president of a community development company resigned after being arrested as part of an ongoing investigation into human trafficking and prostitution at day spas in Jupiter and Martin County. Earlier in the week, Martin County sheriff’s deputies arrested him on charges of soliciting prostitution and use of a structure for prostitution. He was identified as the president of Kolter Homes, a company building hundreds of homes in the Alton community in Palm Beach Gardens. The CEO of Kolter Group released a statement saying they had received and accepted the resignation of the sex buyer.
- Martin County Sheriff’s Office
- Kolter Group
Sex Buyer Employment Loss, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.wpbf.com/president-of-kolter-homes-arrested (2019)
- https://www.lukiclaw.com/man-arrested-in-ongoing-human-trafficking-and-prostitution-sting (2019)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Sweep of Salons Nets 22,” Miami Herald, September 10 1988.
- “36 Arrested in County Prostitution Sweep,” Palm Beach Post, July 19 1990.
- https://www.wptv.com/underground-website-rubmaps-com-helps-customers-find-illicit-massage-parlors (2019)
- https://www.wptv.com/martin-county-sheriff-news-conference-on-8-month-investigation (2019)
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- “Forcing Wife to Prostitution Charged to Man,” Palm Beach Post, July 30 1958.
- “Man Charged with Extortion,” Boca Raton News, July 28 1986.
- “Feds Bust State Sex Slavery Ring”, Miami Herald, April 24 1998.
- “Man Admits He Enslaved Young Women”, Miami Herald, April 10 1999.
- “Enslaved Women Could Share in $1 Million Restitution”, Miami Herald, April 10 1999.
- “6 Men Get Prison Time, Fine in Sex Slavery Case”, Miami Herald, April 19 1999.
- “Men Ordered to Pay Former Sexual Slaves”, Mount Airy News, April 19 1999.
- “Six-Figure Bail Set in Prostitution Slave Case; Judge Dismisses Charge Against One of 3 at Hearing”, Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel, November 26 2008.
- “West Palm Beach Massage Parlor Owner Charged with Money Laundering, Forcing Women into Prostitution”, Palm Beach Post, April 19 2010.
- “West Palm Beach Woman Faces Life Sentence for Sex Trafficking”, Palm Beach Post, April 12 2012.
- “Human Sex Trafficking ‘a Big Problem’ in Palm Beach County,” NBC/WPTV-TV 5, May 13 2013.
- “Sex Trafficker Admits Guilt, Faces 15 Years,” Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel, June 26 2015.
- “Palm Beach Couple that Pimped out Underage Girls Sentenced to Federal Prison,” New Times Broward-Palm Beach, July 20 2015.
- https://www.wpbf.com/palm-beach-county-human-trafficking-coalition (2022)
Documented Violence Against Individuals Engaged in Prostitution in the Area:
- “Delray Police Seeking Robber of Prostitute,” Palm Beach Post, February 3 1982.
- “Rape Suspect Could Have Struck Twice,” Palm Beach Post, February 5 1982.
- “State Board Considering Sentencing; Delray Man Makes Appeal for Life Imprisonment,” Palm Beach Post, November 9 1983.
- “Man Robbed by Prostitute,” Boca Raton News, March 12 1984.
- “Man Beats, Robs Prostitute,” Boca Raton News, January 4 1991.
- “Delray Prostitute Shot Dead Outside Her Home,” Boca Raton News, February 22 1994.
- “Former Cop Charged in Prostitute’s Death,” Lakeland Ledger, March 5 1994.
- “Ex-Cop Pleads Guilty in Slaying; Prostitute Reported Having Sex with Delray Ex-Cop,” Boca Raton News, December 14 1994.
- “Man Arrested in Delray Rape, Beating,” Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, July 11 1995.
- “Life Term Given in Sexual Assaults”, Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, June 18 2002.
- “Authorities Charge Man with Beating Prostitute; Officials Say Suspect May Be Responsible for at Least 13 Attacks,” Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, September 24 2009.
- “Lake Worth Man Charged with Rapes Seeks Speedy Trial”, NBC/WPTV-TV 5, June 13 2011.
- “Man, 80, Robbed while Visiting Prostitute in Boca, Police Say,” Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, March 25 2014.
- “Boynton Woman Found Dead Linked to Escort Web Site,” CBS/WGCL-TV 46, June 12 2014.
- “Jurors Hear Taped Statement from Man Accused of Killing Cross-Dressing Prostitute,” Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel, June 16 2015.
- https://www.news5cleveland.com/florida-prostitute-accused-of-setting-up-customer-to-rob-him (2018)
- https://www.devdiscourse.com/ex-cheerleader-guilty-in-florida-prostitute-deaths (2022)
Comments are closed.