|IT Based Tactics||✓|
O’Neill is a city of about 3,600 residents in northern Nebraska, in Holt County. Prostitution and sex trafficking have been documented in the community, and police responses have included those targeting sex buyers. For example, in March, 2018, a 61-year-old man was arrested and was later fined $500 and sentenced to one day in jail for soliciting prostitution. The man was arrested during an anti-human trafficking operation led by local law enforcement officials. The evidence gathered during the operation showed that the man sought out an adult female for the purposes of prostitution. The operation also led to the rescue of a female identified as a victim of human trafficking. Although the sex buyer was caught during the same operation that led to the rescue of a human trafficking victim, he had no involvement with that trafficked person. The man appeared in Holt County Court and was given credit for one day served in Holt County Jail and ordered to pay $60 in court costs and fines. Officials from the O’Neill Police Department, Holt County Sheriff’s Office, Nebraska State Patrol, Atkinson Police Department, Nebraska Attorney General’s Office and the Holt County Attorney’s Office with the assistance of several other agencies conducted the anti-human trafficking operation on March 15 in O’Neill.
- O’Neill Police Department
- Atkinson Police Department
- Holt County Sheriff’s Office
- Holt County Attorney’s Office
- Nebraska State Patrol
- Nebraska Attorney General’s Office
Arrest and Shaming of Sex Buyer:
- http://www.holtindependent.com/news/valentine-man-sentenced-to-jail-for-soliciting-prostitution (2018)
- http://www.holtindependent.com/news/two-arrests-made-during-anti-human-trafficking-operation-in-oneill (2018)
- https://www.knlvradio.com/two-arrests-made-in-o-neill-following-an-anti-human-trafficking-operation-in-o-neill/ (2018)
- https://kvsh.com/archives/3975 (2018)
Background on Local Prostitution and Sex Trafficking:
Comments are closed.