Oak Forest, IL
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Oak Forest is a suburban city of about 27,000 residents about 25 miles southwest of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois. Prostitution activity in the city has been documented for decades. Among the tactics used to address the problems associated with commercial sex are those that focus on reducing consumer-level demand. For example, in August 2000, eight sex buyers were arrested during an investigation of a massage parlor serving as a brothel. The Natural Spa was raided on suspicion of prostitution by Cook County Sheriff’s Police who had been working with Oak Forest Police. Police initially arrested three women spa employees on prostitution charges and undercover detectives continued to respond to men seeking appointments to buy sex. Eight men arrived at the brothel and were arrested after allegedly offering undercover female vice officers between $15 and $150 for sex and a massage. For the investigation, the Oak Forest Police Department contacted the Cook County Sheriff’s Office for assistance because Oak Forest officers would be recognized if they tried to go undercover in the spa.
- Oak Forest Police Department
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office
Brothel-Based Reverse Sting:
- http://articles.chicagotribune.com/news/undercover-female-vice-officers-prostitution-cook-county-sheriff (2000)
- http://articles.chicagotribune.com/news/prostitution-related-charges-soliciting-gordon (2000)
- https://www.nwitimes.com/uncategorized/cops-bust-in-alleged-prostitution-at-spa (2000)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
Comments are closed.