North Fort Meyers is a census-designated place of approximately 37,000 residents, located near Fort Myers and Bonita Springs in Lee County, Florida. As in many communities in the area, city officials and local residents have reported an increase in prostitution activity in recent years. Sex trafficking is also a well-documented problem in the city and surrounding areas.
To address these issues, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office conducts periodic reverse stings. Operations are conducted both at street-level and using the internet, and the identities of all individuals arrested for prostitution-related offenses are posted on the LCSO’s website.
- Reverse Stings and Shaming:
- “North Fort Myers Prostitution Sting: May 8, 2010”, Naples Daily News, May 8 2010.
- “Prostitution Sting Ends with 11 Arrested in Lee County”, Naples Daily News, May 8 2010.
- “NFM Prostitution Operation Nets Eleven Arrests”, North Fort Myers Neighbor, May 11 2010.
- “North Fort Myers Prostitution Sting Nets Eight Arrests”, North Fort Myers Neighbor, May 23 2011.
- Background on Prostitution and Sex Traffikcing in the Area:
- “North Fort Myers Prostitution and Drugs”, FOX/WFTX-TV 4, August 8 2011.
- “Community Fed Up with Prostitutes, Drug Dealers”, ABC/WZVN-TV 7, February 27 2012.
- “North Fort Myers Prostitution Sting: June 30, 2012”, Naples Daily News, June 30 2012.