North Baltimore, OH
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
North Baltimore is a community of about 3,000 residents, situated between Bowling Green and Findlay along Interstate 75 in Wood County, Ohio. It is part of the Toledo Metropolitan Statistical Area. Its prostitution and sex trafficking problems have been associated with its proximity to major highways and to the Toledo metro population. News reports of widespread truck stop prostitution in North Baltimore and other communities along the I-75 corridor date back to the 1970s. The highway route provides a sex buyer base of truckers, and also facilitates the movement of the supply of trafficked and prostituted persons. Truck stops and motels provide places for commercial sex to occur. The Wood County Sheriff’s Office has conducted periodic reverse stings in North Baltimore since at least 2010; stings leading to the arrest of prostituted persons date back to at least 1977.
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “Two Charged with Soliciting at NB Truck Stop”, Findlay Courier, April 2 2011.
- “Five Arrested in Wood County Prostitution Sting”, WFIN-AM 1330, July 29 2011.
- “Two Ottawa Men among 7 Charged in Prostitution Sting”, Findlay Courier, November 3 2011.
- “Five Charged Following Wood County Prostitution Bust”, Toledo Blade, December 15 2011.
- “Five Charged in N. Baltimore Sting”, Bowling Green Sentinel-Tribune, December 15 2011.
- “Prostitution Sting Results in Arrest of 2 Women, 3 Men”, Toledo Blade, December 18 2011.
- “Wood County Sheriff Arrests 6 in Sex Sting”, Toledo Blade, May 27 2012.
- “More Details Released on Recent Prostitution Sting”, WKXA-FM 100.5, May 1 2014.
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “12 Charged with Prostitution, Drugs in Sting in Northwood”, Toledo Blade, March 21 2013.
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
Comments are closed.