Neptune City, NJ
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Neptune Township is a community in Monmouth County, New Jersey, with a population of about 28,000. Prostitution activity in the town is well-documented, and has generated complaints to police. Among the efforts made to address the problem are those addressing the [purchase of sex. For example, in January, 2015, a city Councilman from another town was arrested in Neptune and charged with paying a woman $25 for oral sex at a cemetery on West Bangs Avenue. He was charged with engaging in prostitution as a patron; wandering, remaining or prowling in a public place for the purposes of engaging in prostitution; and trespassing. His identity was included in news reports. The woman found guilty of disorderly conduct. The prostitution charge was dismissed after the man pleaded guilty to loitering and paid $539 in fines and fees.
- Neptune Police Department
Arrest and Shaming of Sex Buyer:
- https://www.app.com/robert-merriken-prostitution-arrests/ (2018)
- https://nj1015.com/councilman-in-cemetery-sex-bust-tells-cop-im-a-major-figure/ (2018)
Background on Local Prostitution:
- http://www.neptunetownship.org/sites/default/files/documents/Police/Annual%20Report%202016.pdf (2016)
- https://www.nj.com/monmouth/women_charged_with_promoting_prostitution_at_nj.html (2017)
- https://www.facebook.com/MCProsecutors.Office/posts/1313931455356383 (2017)
- http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/53235-asbury-park-3.html (2017)
Comments are closed.