Montclair is a city of approximately 37,000 residents, located near Pomona and Ontario in San Bernardino County, California. Prostitution and sex trafficking have been identified by law enforcement agencies and residents as substantial problems in the area. Since 2008 alone, city police have recovered at least four women and girls (some as young as 13) forced into prostitution in Montclair.
In an effort to reduce the demand for commercial sex, which drives both sex trafficking and prostitution, the Montclair Police Department has conducted street-level reverse stings since at least 2006. One operation conducted in 2008 resulted in the arrest of 24 sex buyers.
- Montclair Police Department
- Street-Level Reverse Stings:
- Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- “Two Dozen ‘Johns’ Arrested in Montclair Prostitution Sting”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, October 25 2008.
- “Ontario’s Holt Boulevard: Hotbed for Young Girl Prostitutes”, Contra Costa Times, January 10 2009.
- “Baby Face 13 ID’s Her Pimp in Courtroom Testimony”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, January 29 2009.
- “Child Prostitute’s Accused Pimp Writes to Judge”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, March 2 2009.
- “Woman Pleads Guilty to Pandering on Holt”, Contra Costa Times, November 29 2009.
- “Woman Gets Five Years Probation for Procuring”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, December 9 2009.
- “Jury Begins Deliberations in Case against a Pimp who Used a 15-Year-Old Girl as a Prostitute”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, October 27 2010.
- “Man Found Guilty of Pimping out 13-Year-Old Girl”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, October 28 2010.
- “330 Years for Convict who Pimped Child”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, January 8 2011.
- “19-Year-Old AV Man Arrested for Human Trafficking”, Victorville Daily Press, September 19 2014.
- “AV Man Pleads Guilty to Pimping Minor”, Victorville Daily Press, September 23 2014.
- Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- Documented Violence against Individuals Engaged in Prostitution in the Area:
- “Hooker-Cop Fakers Rob ‘Johns’ – Police Say”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, July 6 2006.
- “Police: Pair Posed as Cop, Prostitute”, San Bernardino County Sun, July 8 2006.
- “Man Arrested for Allegedly Raping Prostitutes at Knifepoint”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, January 14 2011.
- “Man Sentenced in Montclair Rape Case”, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, February 14 2012.