|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Lyons is a town of about 5,700 residents, located along the Erie Canal in Wayne County, New York, near Newark. The small city drew media attention following the arrest of three local residents for their participation in the trafficking and sexual assault of a minor girl in December 2015. At that time, Wayne County Sheriff’s Department deputies reported the interception of a 32-year-old male on charges of first-degree rape, third-degree rape, first-degree sexual abuse, first-degree course of sexual conduct, endangering the welfare of a child, four counts of sex trafficking and four counts of compelling prostitution, after the man allegedly provided a 15-year-old girl with crack cocaine, to which she became addicted in the summer of 2015, [and] then allegedly arranged for her to have sex with older men in exchange for the drug. In the days that followed the trafficker’s arrest, two additional men, ages 24 and 48, were arrested and charged with purchasing sex acts from the minor victim in exchange for drugs. The men were charged with several crimes, including rape, forcible touching, and endangering the welfare of a child, and had their identities publicized heavily in press.
- Wayne County Sheriff’s Department
- Wayne County District Attorney’s Office
Arrest of Individuals Who Purchased Sexual Abuse of Minors, Identity Disclosure:
- “3 Arrested in Wayne County Sex Trafficking Case,” Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, December 23 2015.
- “More Arrests in Lyons Prostitution Case,” WHAM-AM 1180, December 23 2015.
- “Two More Arrests Made in Lyons Sex Trafficking Case,” Canandaigua Daily Messenger, December 23 2015.
- “Two More Men Facing Charges in Wayne County Sex Trafficking Case,” NBC/WHEC-TV 10, December 23 2015.
- “Deputies Make More Arrests in Lyons Sex Trafficking Case,” Finger Lakes Times, December 24 2015.
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
Comments are closed.