Longview is a small city of approximately 37,000 residents, located in southwest Washington state. In recent years, officers from the Longview Police Department have reported a spike in prostitution activities, and expressed additional concern about possible sex sales involving minors. Police have said that tips regarding prostitution in the Oregon Way area have prompted some of their operations. In June 2012, the LPD conducted a street-level reverse sting, resulting in the arrest of two johns. To deter other would-be sex buyers, officers released the mens’ names and other identifying information to the local media.
- Longview Police Department
- Reverse Stings with Shaming:
- Sex Trafficking in the Area:
- Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Prostitution,” Longview Daily News, May 30 2002.
- “Undercover Sting Nets Prostitution Arrest,” Longview Daily News, May 14 2010.
- “Prostitution Sting Sends Longview Woman to Jail,” Longview Daily News, July 6 2010.