|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Liberty is a city in Clay County, Missouri, United States, and is a suburb of Kansas City. Its population is about 32,000, and it serves as the government seat of Clay County. Prostitution activity has been well-documented in the city and surrounding communities, and in other areas of the county. This activity and the problems and ancillary crimes it generates result in complaints to law enforcement agencies from residents and businesses.
Consumer level demand provides the revenue stream for all prostitution and sex trafficking, and a local public education program targeting sex buying activity was implemented in the city. Relentless Pursuit Outreach and Recovery has a demand reduction program based in Liberty that focuses on holding buyers accountable and have the public recognize the responsibility of the buyer in generating prostitution and sex trafficking markets. Among the tactics it supports are identity disclosure and IT-based tactics.
- Relentless Pursuit: Outreach & Recovery
- https://www.kmbc.com/article/clay-county-human-trafficking-task-force-works-with-nonprofit-to-find-predators-help-victims/ (2022)
- https://www.sheriffclayco.org/news-events/news/new-task-force-to-focus-on-human-trafficking-in-clay-county/ (2022)
Background on Local Prostitution and Sex Trafficking:
- Escort service operator held for vice indictment (1979)
- Clay County – Guilty Plea – Prostitution Ring (2000)
- 13 arrested in Overland Park prostitution sting (2013)
- Prostitution sting results in 6 arrests in Overland Park (2013)
- Kansas City Man Arrested And Accused Of Sex Trafficking In Clay County (2021)
- Online Arrest Report Details (2021)
- Operation United Front: Kansas City, Missouri (2021)
- Missouri-led Multi-State Human Trafficking Operation Rescues 47 Victims Including 2 Minors, and Leads to 102 Arrests Across 12 States (2021)