Kershaw County, SC
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
The Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office arrested four men during a web-based reverse sting conducted in July, 2015. Deputies posted online ads, and numerous men allegedly called or texted an undercover officer to meet at a hotel for paid sex. Once the men met with an undercover female deputy and solicited her for sexual acts, they were taken into custody by a surveillance and arrest team that was stationed nearby. Deputies arrested and charged the four men with solicitation of prostitution, they soon all bonded out of the Kershaw County Detention Center. The penalty for solicitation of prostitution includes a $200 fine or 30 days in jail. Photos and identifying information about the arrested men were publicly released.
In July 2017, deputies conducted prostitution sting operations on two nights at different locations in Kershaw County, which yielded the arrest of 10 men who sought to buy sex. Undercover deputies met with the men, using motel rooms wired with audio and video recording equipment to document the encounters, and those offering to pay for sex were arrested.
- Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office
Street and Web-Based Reverse Stings, Shaming:
- http://www.cleveland19.com/story/29641805/four-men-arrested-during-prostitution-sting (July 2015)
- http://www.chronicle-independent.com/archives/39539/ (July 2015)
- http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article164147792.html#storylink=cpy (July 2017)
- http://wach.com/news/local/multiple-people-arrested-kershaw-county-prostitution-sting (2017)
- http://www.wistv.com/story/35994729/a-sting-with-undercover-female-deputies-led-to-10-arrests-in-a-prostitution-bust (July 2017)
Comments are closed.