Huber Heights, OH
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Huber Heights is a city of approximately 43,000 residents, located in the northern suburbs of Dayton within Montgomery County. Prostitution has been reported in the community and surrounding areas; in 2010, for example, the Dayton Daily News noted that the majority of offenders who had completed Dayton’s john school program were residents of Huber Heights. There have also been cases of child sexual exploitation in the area, like a 2021 case involving a Huber Heights man who was sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to possession of thousands of images and videos of child sexual abuse materials (i.e., child pornography).
Local law enforcement agencies have conducted at least one reverse sting in the city. In October 2014, the Huber Heights Police Department, with the support of the Dayton Police Department, conducted a two-day reverse sting that resulted in the arrest of six sex buyers. Each of the arrestees was charged with solicitation and possession of criminal tools. Following the operation, the offenders’ names and mugshots were publicized by the local media.
- Huber Heights Police Department
- Dayton Police Department
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “7 Arrested in Huber Heights Prostitution Sting,” CBS/WHIO-TV 7, October 21 2014.
- “7 Arrested in Huber Heights Prostitution Sting,” Dayton Daily News, October 21 2014.
- “Huber Heights Police Nab 7 in Prostitution Sting,” NBC/WDTN-TV 2, October 21 2014.
- “Prostitution Sting Results in Seven Arrests,” Huber Heights Courier, October 21 2014.
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “Law Regulates ‘Sex Businesses,’ Huber Heights Wants to Have Rules in Place before Any Sexually Oriented Businesses Come to Town,” Dayton Daily News, June 17 1999.
- “Looking to Buy Sex? Welcome to John School,” Dayton Daily News, March 1 2010.
- “Man, Alleged Prostitute Caught in Dayton Vice Net,” CBS/WHIO-TV 7, August 26 2013.
- https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/xenia-pastor-guilty-loitering-for-prostitute-dayton (2017)
- https://www.daytondailynews.com/local/huber-heights-woman-indicted-accused-of-running-brothel-at-lemon-massage (2020)
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
- https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime–law/advocate-sex-trafficking-also-suburban-problem (2015)
- https://www.whio.com/news/local/huber-heights-man-sought-prostitution-case (2017)
- https://www.fyiohio.org/post/real-life-team-helping-stop-human-trafficking (2021)
- https://www.whio.com/news/crime-and-law/huber-heights-man-receives-maximum-federal-sentence-possession-distribution-child-porn (2021)
Comments are closed.