|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Homerville is a city of about 2,000 residents in southern Georgia. It is the county seat of Clinch County.
Tactics used to address demand in the city included sex buyer arrests and identity disclosure. In March 2022, a Homerville Police Department Captain was arrested by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) and charged with pandering and violation of oath of office. The investigation began in January after reports surfaced that one of their officers had solicited another person for an act of prostitution. The Homerville Police Department requested assistance from the GBI with the investigation. Preliminary information based on messages between the suspect and another individual indicated that the act of prostitution occurred in Lowndes County. After his arrest, GBI agents executed a search warrant at the man’s Lowndes County home. His identity was released to the press.
- Homerville Police Department
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI)
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.wrbl.com/news/georgia-news/gbi-police-officer-arrested-for-soliciting-a-prostitute (2022)
- https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/homerville-police-department-officer-arrested-by-gbi (2022)
- https://wfxl.com/news/local/homerville-detective-arrested-for-soliciting-another-person-for-prostitution (2022)
- https://www.cnhi.com/featured_stories_update/homerville-police-officer-charged-with-pandering (2022)
- https://www.walb.com/gbi-homerville-officer-arrested-pandering-violation-oath (2022)
Comments are closed.