Gulf Shores is a coastal city of about 10,000 residents in Baldwin County, Alabama. The Gulf Shores Police Department has partnered with nearby county and city law enforcement agencies to conduct at least one reverse sting in the community.
In early 2008, following complaints from local residents, hotel guests and business owners, the Gulf Shores Police Department launched an anti-prostitution investigation that resulted in the arrest of 20 johns (and five prostituted women) over a week period. The operation was conducted in parallel with similar stings in nearby Foley and Daphne. In the days that followed, all of the arrestees’ names were released to the public.
- Gulf Shores Police Department
- Foley Police Department
- Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office
- Reverse Stings with Shaming:
- “Baldwin Sex Sting Nets 75 Arrests”, Mobile Press-Register, February 5 2008.
- “Prostitution Sting Operation Nets 75 Arrests”, Baldwin Report, February 5 2008.
- “Sex Sting Produces 75 Arrests; Baldwin Sex Sting Nets 75 Arrests, Hotels Targeted”, Mobile Press-Register, February 5 2008.