Granite City, IL
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Granite City is a city of 29,000 residents located in Madison County, Illinois and situated in the greater St. Louis, MO metropolitan area. Prostitution and sex trafficking have been well-documented problems in the city for decades. In response to complaints by residents, Granite City police have attempted to combat consumer-level demand by conducting street-level and web-based reverse stings. The names, ages, addresses, and other details about those arrested have been released to the media along with details about the police operations. Vehicles have been seized and arrestees have been held until they post bail or appear in court. The Granite City Police Department has also asked residents to call in with complaints and information about prostitution, including identifying sex buyers.
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “35 Are Facing Charges in Prostitution Sweep”, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 18 2003.
- https://www.theintelligencer.com/news/article/Prostitution-sting-nets-35-arrests (2003)
- “Hospital CEO Arrested in Prostitution Sting, Klutts Pleads Guilty to Misdemeanor”, Belleville News-Democrat, June 24 2004.
- “Granite City Goes After Prostitutes, Customers”, Belleville News-Democrat, May 22 2007.
- “Sting Operation Leads to Arrests of Alleged Prostitutes”, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, August 12 2007.
- “Prostitution Sting Nets Six From Outside Granite City Area”, St. Louis Post-Dispatch,November 9 2007.
- https://madisonrecord.com/stories/thomas-maag-arrested-for-soliciting-a-prostitute (2007)
Web-Based Reverse Stings:
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
Comments are closed.