|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Fox Lake, Wisconsin is a city of about 2,000 residents located in Dodge County. The area is known for being home to Fox Lake, a body of water that takes up approximately 2,700 acres. The lake attracts most of the city’s tourists and drives the local economy. The city is approximately 70 miles away from Milwaukee and 51 miles from Madison, the capital of Wisconsin.
Despite being a rural area, Fox Lake has had substantial problems with prostitution. In May 2020, a major operation was shut down when the owner and a manager of a Dodge County strip club were both indicted on prostitution related charges. According to reports, the owner of the club, who happened to be a Fox Lake local, was arrested with one of the club’s managers. Their arrests came after a major collaborative investigation done by the FBI, Dodge County Sheriff’s Office, and Wisconsin Department of Justice, among a plethora of other organizations. The prostitution ring came to a halt when a well-known pimp and patron of the club was arrested on charges of sex trafficking. From there, the organization began to unravel, and more witnesses came forward to speak on the apparent disregard of the managerial staff in relation to the prostitution and trafficking that was taking place within the club. Some reports suggested the club was set up in a way to promote and profit from solicitation.
In another relatively recent case, an older man was arrested and found guilty on one count of prostitution. The investigation was completed by the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office, yet initially did not start with a solicitation offense. Media outlets claimed that law enforcement got involved when the offender called them in to report stolen checks. However, when the detectives caught up to the supposed thief, they discovered that the checks in question were payments for sexual favors she had previously given the accused. From there, more of the offender’s female employees came forward with claims that he had been paying them for sexual intercourse. In both of these cases the names and ages of the offenders were made public in addition to very specific information detailing their crimes.
- Dodge County Sheriff’s Office
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Internal Revenue Service – Criminal Investigations
- Racine Police Department
- United States Department of Labor
- Hartford Police Department
- Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Watertown Police Department
- Milwaukee Police Department
- United States Department of Homeland Security
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure:
- https://madison.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/fox-lake-business-owner-gets-probation-in-prostitution-case-involving-employees (2020)
- https://dailydodge.com/fox-lake-business-owner-accused-of-soliciting-sex-acts-from-employees (2020)
- https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/wisconsin-strip-club-plead-guilty-prostitution-conspiracy (2020)
- https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/dodge-county-strip-club-operators-charged-prostitution-case (2020)
Background on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking in the Area: