|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Fort Carson is a United States Army post located directly south of Colorado Springs in El Paso, Pueblo, Fremont, and Huerfano counties and has a population of approximately 16,000 residents. The developed portion of Fort Carson is located near the City of Colorado Springs in El Paso County. Instances of prostitution and sex trafficking have been documented in Fort Carson and surrounding areas. Among the more serious crimes associated with the area’s commercial sex market is child sex trafficking. For example, in 2021, a Fort Carson soldier was one of seven men arrested during a web-based reverse sting operation conducted by the Pueblo Police Department that focused on apprehending individuals seeking to sexually exploit minors online. According to reports, officers posted decoy advertisements on websites known for prostitution and sex trafficking and communicated with suspected sex buyers. The Fort Carson solider had exchanged several messages with officers disguised as someone facilitating online sexual exploitation of a minor. All seven men were arrested and charged with solicitation of child prostitution. In addition, their identities and images were included in reports by local media outlets.
Efforts to reduce the demand for commercial sex in the area have been employed. For example, in 2019, a Fort Carson solider was arrested on allegations of online solicitation of a minor. According to reports, the solider had contacted a 17-year-old female on Snapchat after seeing her dating profile on Tinder. He told the teenage girl that he would pay her $9,000 in exchange for sex acts. He then sent the victim an image of his bank account for proof of funds. The two met on three separate occasions, but after the 19-year-old solider failed to send the money, the 17-year-old girl reported the situation to her high school resource officer. The offender was arrested on a total of 18 felony charges related to online solicitation of a minor five days after the incident was reported to the school resource officer. The arrest was made by detectives from the Colorado Springs Police Department and the Fort Carson Military Police Department. The offender’s identity and image were included in reports by local media outlets.
- https://www.epcan.com/story/news/police-bust-8-men-for-alleged-child-prostitution-solicitation (2020)
- https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/two-fort-carson-staff-sergeants-charged-in-child-prostitution-sting (2020)
- https://cbi.colorado.gov/news-article/soliciting-for-child-prostitution-arrests (2020)
- https://coloradosprings.gov/police-department/article/news/soliciting-child-prostitution-arrests (2020)
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure:
- https://kdvr.com/news/fort-carson-soldier-accused-of-soliciting-young-girls (2014)
- https://gazette.com/crime/soldier-pleads-guilty-in-red-pickup-solicitation-case-will-not-face-jail-time (2014)
- Fort Carson Military Police Arrest 19-Year Old Private on Suspicion of Online Solicitation of a Minor for Prostitution (2019)
- https://www.fox21news.com/top-stories/fort-carson-soldier-arrested-for-child-prostitution (2019)
- Fort Carson Military Police – Affidavit-Online Solicitation of a Minor for Prostitution (2019)
- https://www.denverpost.com/fort-carson-military-soldier-child-prostitution (2019)
- https://taskandpurpose.com/news/fort-carson-soldier-arrested-prostitution (2019)
Background on Local Prostitution and Sex Trafficking: