|IT Based Tactics||✓|
DuPage County is the second-most populous county in Illinois, with approximately 926,000 residents. It is located 40 miles west of Chicago. Among the serious problems associated with prostitution and sex trafficking in the county have been murders and serial homicides specifically targeting prostituted women and girls.
Although the majority of the county’s law enforcement efforts have targeted prostituted women rather than sex buyers, the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office has conducted at least one reverse sting. In September 2010, DCSO police received information suggesting a Willowbrook home was being used for prostitution. Officers, supported by members of the Willowbrook and Woodridge Police Departments, contacted the prostituted woman and scheduled an “appointment.” After arresting the woman in her home, police learned that she had appointments scheduled with three other men for later in the day. Officers then conducted a reverse sting operation, resulting in the arrest of the three sex buyers. Each of the arrestees had his name, address, and age released to the local media.
In 2014, the Downers Grove Police Department worked alongside the DuPage County Metropolitan Enforcement Group in a prostitution sting that resulted in the arrest of seven men on Finley Road. The names, ages, and addresses of the sex buyers were publicly released.
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- “Four Arrested in Prostitution Sting in Willowbrook”, Woodridge Patch, September 24 2010.
- https://www.shawlocal.com/prostitution-sting-in-downers-grove-nets-seven-arrests (2014)
- https://www.mysuburbanlife.com/prostitution-sting-in-downers-grove-nets-seven-arrests (2014)
- https://patch.com/illinois/downersgrove/two-nabbed-prostitution-sting-after-john-offers-woman-60-perform-sex-act-police (2014)
Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- “DuPage Sheriff’s Office Arrest 28 in Prostitution Sting”, Daily Herald, December 21 1996.
- “Prostitution Sting Nabs 23 Women”, Chicago Tribune, December 13 2003.
- “Villa Park Couple Accused of Operating Prostitution Ring”, Chicago Tribune, November 8 2011.
- “Woman, 55, Arrested in Warrenville Prostitution Sting”, CBS/WBBM-TV 2, March 16 2012.
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
Documented Violence Against Individuals Engaged in Prostitution in the Area: