|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Danville is a town of around 31,000 located on the eastern border of Illinois. It is the county seat of Vermilion County. The Danville Police Department has conducted street-level prostitution stings, arresting both prostituted women and the men who solicit them. The names, ages, and addresses of those arrested as well as where they were arrested have been reported to the media. Vehicles have also been seized and arrestees must pay $300 to reclaim their cars. These stings have been conducted throughout the summer months and have usually been prompted by complaints from individual residents or community groups.
In August 2020, the Danville Police Department and the Vermillion County Metropolitan Enforcement Group conducted a sting operation that led to the arrest of several individuals on prostitution-related charges. Law enforcement created a detail following community complaints of heavy prostitution in the area. The operation focused on the west side of the city and was completed over a two-day period. Of the ten people arrested in the sting, seven of them were indicted for “soliciting a prostitute.” The names and ages of the offenders were released following their arrest.
- Danville Police Department
- Vermillion County Metropolitan Enforcement Group
Reverse Stings, Auto Seizure, Identity Disclosure:
- Commercial-news.com, July 2, 2008. City toes the line with nuisance calls.
- https://www.commercial-news.com/news/local_news/police-arrest-34-in-solicitation-sting (2006)
- https://www.commercial-news.com/news/local_news/police-arrest-in-prostitution-sting (2010)
- https://www.commercial-news.com/news/prostitution-detail-nets-several-arrests (2020)
- https://www.wcia.com/news/local-news/dpd-arrests-ten-after-prostitution-detail (2020)