Dallas County, IA
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Dallas County is a county located in central Iowa with a population of approximately 104,000 residents. Its county seat is Adele and its largest city of Waukee. Instances of prostitution and sex trafficking are well-documented within the county and in its unincorporated areas. Among the more serious issues associated with commercial sex in the area is sex trafficking.
To combat prostitution and sex trafficking in the area, local law enforcement agencies have targeted consumer-level demand for commercial sex, which provides the revenue stream driving all commercial sex and trafficking. To identify and apprehend sex buyers driving the local prostitution and sex trafficking markets, reverse stings have been conducted. For example, in 2016, the Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task Force conducted a reverse sting operation in Dallas County, that resulted in the arrest of 21 individuals for prostitution and related charges. The identities of arrested offenders were included in reports by local news sources. Additionally, in August of 2021, the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office participated in a multi-state sex trafficking operation focused on combatting the demand for commercial sex and the rescue of sex trafficking victims called Operation United Front. In a press release from the Iowa Department of Public Safety, the operation was said to be considered to be the first of its kind, as it was both buyer-centric and victim-centric. Participating Iowa law enforcement agencies included the Iowa Department of Public Safety, Ankeny Police Department, Clive Police Department, Dallas County Sheriff’s Office, Des Moines Police Department, Jasper County Sheriff’s Office, Polk County Sheriff’s Office, Urbandale Police Department, Walcott Police Department, West Des Moines Police Department, and the Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task Force conducted 10 operations to combat sex trafficking throughout Iowa. DPS said officers executed 10 search warrants, identified five businesses involved in sex trafficking, made 11 arrests and seized a large quantity of cash.
In March, 2023 it was announced that a man was wanted on a warrant for prostitution. His identity was included in news reports.
- Iowa Department of Public Safety
- Dallas County Sheriff’s Office
- Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task Force (M.I.N.E.)
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.theperrychief.com/article/news/ (2016)
- https://www.desmoinesregister.com/21-arrested-dallas-county-prostitution-sting/ (2016)
- https://who13.com/21-people-arrested-in-dallas-county-prostitution-sting/ (2016)
- https://who13.com/47-victims-rescued-102-arrested-in-human-trafficking-stings-across-iowa-and-11-other-states/ (2021)
- https://www.kcci.com/multiple-iowa-agencies-human-trafficking-sting (2021)
- https://dps.iowa.gov/iowa-department-public-safety-and-local-agencies-participate-multi-state-human-trafficking (2021)
- https://theperrynews.com/dallas-county-sheriffs-report-march-9-7/ (2023)
Background on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking in the Area:
- https://www.weareiowa.com/iowa-human-trafficking-sex-trafficking-bill-governor-kim-reynolds-nail-salons-massage-parlors (2021)
- https://theperrynews.com/urbandale-woman-charged-with-prostitution-in-online-sting/ (2022)
- https://theperrynews.com/ankeny-man-charged-as-pimp-human-trafficker/ (2023)
- https://www.kcci.com/article/urbandale-man-pimping-wife-sex-money (2023)
Comments are closed.